Monday, November 22, 2010

Less is more


Ryan and I are followers of Jesus Christ and He is top priority in our lives. To be honest...it’s not always easy, but we do our best.

September 27, 2009


Then…
God spoke to us at church that Sunday morning. The power of the Holy Spirit is amazing. It was the start of a new series: “24/7 The Beginning, Genesis 1, Day 1 – Out of Nothing.” Our pastor touched on the following topics:
  • God created the world out of nothing ~ Revelation 4:11 NASB
  • God loves to work with people who have nothing ~ Luke 1:28-34 NLT
  • With God nothing is impossible ~ Luke 1:36, 37
  • Everyone can give something ~ Proverbs 13:7 NASB, 2 Corinthians 6:10 CEV, Matthew 17:20 NASB
It seems like God is constantly reminding us that "less is more", especially since we’ve had kids. After that sermon, Ryan and I decided to do more than just listen to God’s words. We decided to apply them to our everyday lives.

November 22, 2010

Now…
Almost 14 months later with Thanksgiving just around the corner, we have so much to be thankful for. Our family and friends mean the world to us. We praise the Lord for our good health. But most of all, we're thankful for a loving, forgiving, and gracious God.

Ryan and I are now down to one car and one cell phone, but we are happy to share. We are more content now than we’ve ever been, and we give God all the glory.

My prayer is that we continue to be content and happy with everything God provides…no matter how big or little it may be. I pray our relationship with God AND each other grows stronger each day, and that we continue to put Him first no matter what.

“No matter what, I’m gonna love You, no matter what I’m gonna need You, I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain but if not, if not, I’ll trust you, no matter what, no matter what.” 

– Kerrie Roberts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are an amazing couple, great post.

Kandace Marton

Unknown said...

Thanks Kandace. :)