Monday, December 12, 2011

Emily's escapade

Tonight my 2 1/2- year-old daughter quietly snuck into the bathroom and used the step stool to grab two forbidden items -- a pair of scissors her dad accidentally left on the counter, and a bottle of lotion her mom accidentally left on the counter (oops!). She decided to give herself a haircut (front layers, to be exact) and lather her pajamas with goats milk lotion.

Emily's haircut could have been a lot worse. Surprisingly, she even used care when trimming her feather hair extension. Maybe she'll follow in her Aunt Teresa's footsteps and become a hair stylist someday;)

Even though I was upset (especially since I'm planning on taking Christmas photos this week), when I heard her sweet little voice and saw her innocent smile, I couldn't help but laugh inside. However, I did refrain from taking a picture of her handiwork even though I wanted to.

Did I mention this happened at 10 o'clock in the evening?

She's tucked in bed now. Hopefully she won't try to escape again. Gotta go...

No comments: