Friday, January 23, 2009

Need potty training advice

I am 25 weeks pregnant and dread the thought of having two kids both in diapers. I introduced Ethan, my recent 2-year-old son to his potty chair when he was 18-months-old. I feel like it is successful one day, and not so successful the next.

I started off having him occasionally wear "big boy" underwear, but went back to diapers when he kept having accidents in them. Then I tried taking him to his potty chair occasionally (alternating diapers & pull-ups).

Recently this week, I have only put pull-ups or underwear on him when he is awake (diapers when he sleeps). He's been doing really well at telling me when he has to go potty or going when I take him in the bathroom. He only had a couple of accidents in his pull-up today. One problem is that he doesn't care to go poop in his potty chair. He did it once a couple months ago, but since then refuses. He hides in a corner or behind his table and squats. When I ask him if he went poop, he tells me "no". When I ask him again he tells me "yes".

I have been thinking about buying some cotton potty training pants that are semi-waterproof to use instead of expensive pull-ups, but am not sure if they are a waste of money. If anyone has some advice regarding potty training a recent 2-year-old that doesn't mind the feel of poop in his pants, I would really appreciate it! I'm starting to kind-of get frustrated with the whole idea of potty training, but am determined to free my son of diapers soon!

No comments: